In this article, we will do a WordPress vs Blogger comparison to help you decide which one is better for your needs. you can create a personal blog/ website completely free of cost using one of the free blog sites/ platforms.
There are many blogging platforms yet this post tells you about WordPress and Blogger. WordPress and Blogger is the best free blogging platforms which are used by millions of bloggers around the world. You will learn how to start a blog on each platform. which will help you to choose the most appropriate blogging platform for yourself.
WordPress was created to give bloggers a more complex blogging platform. WordPress was created on PHP and MySQL & originally called b2/cafelog. WordPress launched in 2005, WordPress.com is a freemium blog service that combines the free WordPress blogging platform and premium hosting in one package.
Starting on WordPress.com is easy. Once you have your account, you can create your site in three steps:
- 1. Choose what type of site you want– Blog, website, portfolio or online store. (You can always change your settings later.)
- 2. Choose a theme– There’s a small selection displayed, but you can choose from more themes later.
- 3. Choose an address– You can go free, use your registered domain if you ‘ve already bought one, or buy one from WordPress.com.
- 1. No setup required, free hosting and domain (WordPress.com subdomain)
- 2. Easy to use, beginner-friendly
- 3. Security checked by WordPress.com – Jetpack essential features
- 4. Hundreds of free themes
You can create a simple and basic blog with WordPress.com’s free plan. And, it’s fine as you can upgrade your website to its premium plans anytime as your blog grows more popular.
Blogger is a blogging service provided by the tech giant Google. It is free, reliable most of the time, and quite enough to publish your stuff on the web. Google now owns Blogger, the company offers plenty of Google built-in features, like AdWords’, AdSense and Analytics, making the site extremely useful for novice bloggers. Originally started in 1999, Blogger was one of the first user-friendly interfaces for bloggers.
Blogger and BlogSpot:
Blogger is a free publishing platform, while BlogSpot is a free domain service provider.
They’re both owned by Google and are used together on the Blogger platform.
- 1. Try entering the URL: blogspot.com
- 2. And you’ll end up at this URL: blogger.com
When you create your blog on Blogger, you’ll automatically get a BlogSpot domain. But you don’t have to use the BlogSpot domain; you can also add your custom domain.
- 1. Blogger is simple – simplicity is the best thing about this platform.
- 2. No setup required, free hosting and domain (BlogSpot.com subdomain)
- 3. Security-enhanced by Google
- 4. You can earn money via Google AdSense.
If you want a basic, easy and simple blog without bigger future plans, it’s a perfect platform to start your personal blog.