WordPress is an extremely flexible content management system that enables you to create a variety of different websites. WordPress began as a simple blogging platform, but now it’s grown into a full-fledged website building machine. a wide range of e-commerce plugins available, deciding which one to go with can be a daunting task.
Woo-Commerce is probably one of the most commonly used eCommerce plugins. This powerful plugin not only helps you sell your products online easily but beautifully as well. It is one of the most highly rated and amazing plugins that you could utilize to set up your e-store.
The most commonly used features:
- PayPal integration.
- Sales reports.
- Different shipping options.
- Inventory management.
- Coupon implementation.
- Incredibly powerful.
- Easy to use.
- A wide range of add-ons and extensions.
- Most add-ons and extensions are premium.
2. WP eCommerce.
WP eCommerce is a very simple but comprehensive eCommerce plugin for WordPress, WP E-Commerce is highly recommended for both newbies and professionals. This plugin can be used for a variety of product types: digital products, physical products, recurring memberships and subscriptions, and more. WP E-Commerce is a great plugin for new online entrepreneurs who are testing out the e-commerce waters.
Common features of this plugin include:
- A streamlined checkout processes.
- Multiple payment option support.
- Completely customizable layout.
- Multiple shipping option support.
- Supports digital downloads, physical products, and membership sites.
- Easy to use.
- Intuitive user interface.
- Limited functionality.
Shopp is another proven tool to create eCommerce site using WordPress platform. Shopp is a well-coded and excellent e-commerce plugin that is built to boost both your site’s performance and incoming traffic making your online store easier to handle and comfortable for your team and customers alike. Shopp is available free for download from the WordPress plugin repository and ships with a plethora of useful e-commerce features that enable webmasters to set up their stores in minutes.
These are the features:
- The plugin comes with its own secure cart so you don’t need security add-ons.
- Catalog management.
- Customer accounts.
- Responsive design.
- Discount feature.
- Easy to install and use.
- Secure and resumable downloads.
- Multiple image options.
- Compatible with WordPress themes and plugins.
- SEO friendly.
- And much more.
- Pre-installed templates and layouts.
- Easy to set up.
- Boosts your site’s performance.
- Limited functionality.
Jigoshop is another instant solution to get started with your online shop; it provides you all the required options to help you create a fully featured eCommerce site. Jigoshop is a feature-filled e-commerce plugin for WordPress that optimizes your e-store to deliver excellent performance while ensuring full customizability. go shop is the best of both worlds. You can find all of the options needed for professional use but the options and setup are easy to use and can be done quickly as well so no need to go through complexities at all.
- Supports multiple product types.
- Optimizes your e-store.
- Advanced options available.
- Features reporting.
- Limited payment gateways.
5. Easy Digital Downloads.
As the name represents, this plugin was created for digital product stores, and if you sell digital products then Easy Digital Downloads is the best eCommerce plugin for you. Easy Digital Downloads is a comprehensive and popular e-commerce solution for WordPress sites that let you sell both digital products and non-physical products.
This simple plugin has an array of features, including:
- Multiple payment methods accepted
- The ability to run sales
- A cart system for multi-item purchases
- Complete payment history
- Supports digital products and non-physical goods.
- Lightweight plugin.
- Integrated shopping cart system.
- Extensions are pricey.