Search engines are a major source of traffic for most websites. That’s why our users often ask us for SEO tips and plugins that can help improve SEO of their WordPress sites.
In this Article, we will share some best WordPress SEO plugins.
1. WordPress SEO by Yoast
It is one of the most downloaded WordPress plugins of all times. Yoast’s WordPress SEO is a comprehensive solution for all your on-site SEO needs.
It allows you to add SEO title, meta description, and meta keywords to each post and page of your site.
Yoast you can do following things:
- Add meta value for homepage
- Add meta value for single post
- All values for Social sharing (Image, title & description)
- Social SEO
- Create sitemap file
- Edit robots.txt and htaccess.
- Control indexing of your blog.
2. All In One SEO Pack
All in One SEO pack is one of the most popular SEO plugins for WordPress. This plugin offers you all the features and options which you may need to create an SEO friendly site using WordPress platform.
The following features:
- You can create XML Sitemap with this plugin and submit it to Google and Bing to help improve your search rankings.
- All in One SEO Pack supports Google Accelerated Mobile Pages making it an effective plugin for mobile search optimization.
- This SEO plugin supports Google Analytics and works perfectly to help you track the traffic on each of your website pages.
- Optimizing custom post types is also possible with All in One SEO Pack plugin.
- Canonical URLs are supported.
- You can create redirects from WordPress attachments to the parent posts making the attachment pages SEO compliant.
- You can automatically notify Google and Bing whenever there are new changes on your site.
- All in One SEO Pack comes with an inbuilt API that other plugins and themes can access to extend its functionality.
- All in One SEO Pack plugin is the only free plugin that is capable of SEO integration for e-commerce sites and also supports Woo Commerce.
- It is compatible with PHP 7 and Nonce security is built into the plugin making it hack proof and secure for all sites.
- This plugin automatically optimizes the posts, pages and custom post types titles for search engine ranking and also automatically generates Meta tags. It also helps you avoid duplicate content penalty.
- All in One SEO Pack is a good plugin for WordPress beginners since they don’t have to configure any settings; it works just after installation – out-of-box solution for WordPress SEO. For advanced users, you can tweak the features to make your site more appealing to search engines.
Has a feature to override the title and the Meta description that are set automatically. You can add your own custom titles and Meta description just like in the Yoast SEO plugin.
3. SEO Ultimate
Another widely used free SEO plugin for WordPress, it comes with all the basic SEO options that you will need to optimize your site perfectly. SEO Ultimate will give you full control over meta titles & descriptions, open graph, auto-linking, rich-snippets, 404 monitoring.
With this plugin, you will be able to edit the meta description for the post, page attachments, and all other post types so that you can increase the click-through rate in the Google search results.
The following is a summary of the SEO features offered on SEO Ultimate:
- Title tag rewriter feature allows you to edit your title posts and optimizes them for improved on-page SEO and to rank higher in the search results.
- Meta Description Editor allows you to add a Meta Description to your posts, pages, categories, attachments, tags and even the homepage. This allows you to optimize the Meta description for the potential keywords and rank higher in the search results.
- Deep link Juggernaut is an awesome anchor text driven internal linking feature that allows you to create deep links between related posts. These internal links are good for SEO.
- Ability to enhance the internal ranking pattern of SEO.
- The open graph feature allows you to automatically create open graph data for posts, user profiles, homepages, and attachments.
- Snippet creator allows you to add quality snippet code for reviews.
- Author highlighter creates code to ensure the author’s Google+ profile image is visible together with the post that appears in Google search results.
The 404 monitor helps to improve the experience of users and spiders visiting your site by using a redirection on “page not found” errors.
4. Rankie – WordPress Rank Tracker.
Undoubted is not exactly an SEO plugin, but it helps you to improve overall search engine exposure for your site with valuable insight. It’s a is a WordPress rank checker plugin that will help you track WordPress rankings on Google keeping a close eye on each keyword position.
The following is a quick summary of the features:
- The plugin allows you to track WordPress ranking on Google through keywords by updating the ranks regularly to ensure it works like a WordPress SERP plugin.
- Rankie plugin provides you with ranking reports monthly, annually or regularly to keep you updated on your website ranking.
- The plugin also lets you download the reports in PDF format.
- This plugin not only works as a WordPress SERP tracker but it also acts as a keyword research tool that provides a large list of quality keywords that are created from Google suggestions.
- The WordPress plugin includes auto track searched keywords to the dashboard for effective tracking.
- It provides four procedures for locating the website position on Google for keywords.
- The 4 site location positions include: Google Directly, Google Custom Search API, Google via F-secure.com and Google via kproxy.com proxy.
- This plugin sends you an email every day with each position change from up or down.
- Rankie plugin provides distinctive ranking information and creates a ranking graph for every keyword tracking.
- The WordPress rank tracker plugin lets keywords tracked to be promptly clarified by site, group or by search term.
- The Rankie WordPress plugin is capable of using proxies when retrieving Google for search.
- The plugin provides you with comprehensive action log that shows every action completed by the plugin.
5. Broken Link Checker.
Broken links can not only create a bad experience for your users, but they can also affect your site’s SEO. If you have been running a blog for some time, then you should check your site from time to time for broken links and fix them.
Broken Link Checker is a free WordPress plugin that allows you to find broken links on your WordPress site. You can then fix those links without even editing your posts. See our tutorial on how to fix broken links in WordPress with Broken Link Checker.
It is a highly useful plugin, and it’s totally free. The only downside is that it can become resource intensive and may slow down your server. Some hosting providers like WPEngine have already blocked this plugin on their servers.